1. Classes went well on Tuesday and Wednesday (figures!). It's hard to believe that we only have three weeks left! The one problem I'm seeing this quarter that I've never seen to this extent before is students' life problems. Just to give you an example of what I mean, I've had two students with lice (one got it from the other), a student with a spider bite that got infected, a student in the hospital (not sure if she's out yet), students with kids or parents in the hospital, death in the family of two of my students (mother/son), unexpected (but very welcome) pregnancy the first week followed by a difficult miscarriage last week, a husband laid off so the wife had to go to work full time to provide for him and their four kids. I could keep going, but you get the idea. I definitely spend a good bit of my time counseling/comforting/reassuring students.
I meet with my dean tomorrow, and I'm pretty nervous about that. If you think of it, pray for me. My meeting is at 3:00.
2. We bought a curtain rod for our dining room. Once those curtains are hung, we will have curtains on all the windows for the first time in a very long time! **UPDATE: Mark just finished hanging them! I'll post a picture sometime.**
3. There are major clearance sales at one of the JC Penney's by us. I got $70 worth of shirts for under $8!! I love sales like that! I also got Mark two shirts from Gap for his birthday, and instead of spending $50-60, they were only $15 total!
4. Our first quote for the psychological evaluations was $175/each for first visit and then $100/hour for any additional stuff needed. Our called the conact that my parents gave us, and he is doing it really cheap! What a blessing!!
5. Our stock dropped this week :( Pray that it goes back up since we have to sell some soon to cover the next adoption payment (last one until placement!).
6. There are always papers to grade. Especially research papers, and they aren't fun or easy to grade. And then they rewrite them and I get to regrade them :( That's what I'm supposed to be doing right now!
7. I got a hair cut this week, and I really like it. I think that I'm letting my hair grow out, so she reshaped so that it looks better in the process.
8. I stopped by my doctor's office and was able to load up on prescription samples--probably $2,000 retail/$200 in copays. I am so thankful for free samples!
9. I went to three different malls looking for an Afterthoughts. I thought that they were everywhere, but apparently not (Claire's, yes, but that's not what I'm looking for!). I need a new nose ring/stud--mine is having problems, and I haven't been able to go get it fixed. Frustrating!
10. If I don't get off and start grading papers, I'll be up all night!