Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

We're All Home

It's nice to all be at home tonight, but unfortunately, Mark came home sick. He pretty much crashed on the couch after dinner and just now went to bed. Abigail and I are following him in a few minutes. Steven isn't too sure about Abigail, but he did eventually get close enough to her to poke her :)

It helped when Mark came home because he could focus more on Steven. (Even though he was getting tons of attention from my family!) There's just no one quite like Daddy.

Tomorrow (Tuesday), we head up to the agency for Mark to sign the paperwork. Right now I have legal custody, so the paperwork lets him have legal custody too. Both birthparents signed the paperwork to terminate parental rights, but it'll take 3-6 weeks to work thorugh the court system. Until that is finalized, either of them can change their mind. We didn't experience the "legal risk" period with Steven because his birthmother went to court the same day. There's no real indication she's going to change her mind, but it's always a possibility. Please pray for her to have peace about her decision and for us during this time. We'll be able to relax a bit more once all that is taken care of.

I have pictures from today (even cuter in her own little clothes!), but it's incredibly late, and baby girl and I need to go to bed. (Well, she's contentedly sleeping on me, but I need to go to bed!) I'll get some up tomorrow.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

So happy for the four of you! I'll enjoy the pictures when they come. :)

Pam said...

Welcome home!! Praying for a smooth adjustment for everyone!

Unknown said...

I have been praying and praying and praying some more! I just showed Kaish the pictures and he said "We need one." Isn't he funny : ). I just wish I could get Gary one the ball..... So happy for all of you!