Thursday, December 18, 2008

Adoption Update

I took Steven and Abigail's birthmother to her doctor's appointment today. (I go up every Thursday.) The last appointment didn't end on the best note since the doctor told us about the change of date for the c-section at the end of the visit, even though it had been determined the week before. We were both unhappy since that meant she would be in the hospital during Christmas (her oldest cried when she heard this).

The doctor immediately sensed that we weren't too thrilled as soon as he came in the room. However, we left much happier :) The c-section with either be Saturday (as in less than two days!!) or after Christmas. We won't find out until Saturday morning (between 9:00 and 10:00) if they will be able to do it that day.

We're praying for it to be Saturday for a lot of reasons, some more important than others.

1. It's sooner :)
2. Mark already has permission to take next week off, and he won't be able to do that after Christmas.
3. It reduces the chance that she will go into labor and have to have an emergency c-section.
4. She wouldn't be stressing over the idea of "being cut open" during Christmas.

Obviously, God has everything already planned out, and Abigail will come when He wants her to. But, we're still hoping and praying for Saturday!

P.S. Please also pray that our homestudy is approved by Monday. Everything is now in our file, and we're just waiting for the report. We obviously can't bring Abigail home until it's approved, and we can't apply for grants before it's approved or after she comes home.

2 comments:

Earl's Family said...

OOOOOOOo, praying for you!!!!!!!!! I can't waiot to hear the news that you are a new mommy again! Cherish this baby time. I am with T. SO MUCH!
I can't wait to see PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-BECKY LYNN

Pam said...

Praying for a safe delivery, preferably tomorrow!!!!