Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, April 21, 2008

Busy Weekend

We had an incredibly busy weekend, but we got sooo much done! On Friday morning at MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers), we talked about decluttering our lives. Decluttering our houses, our schedules, and our minds. It really got me thinking, and I spent most of my weekend decluttering our house.

On Friday night, I worked on the living room. It has been driving me crazy to have the jumparoo in front of the bookcase and too close to the middle of the room. I knew that we would have to get rid of a piece of furniture in order to get it in a corner, but it was hard to decide what to take out. (The tv and couch were off limits of course!) I finally decided to get rid of the rocking chair since we mainly just use it to store stuff on or when we have a group of friends over (which hasn't happened in a very long time).

I ended up moving the swing to where the rocking chair was and the jumparoo to where the swing was. This worked out perfectly because Steven can no longer see the tv from his jumparoo (yay!!), even if he turns around like he was doing before. I have his swing fully reclined, so he can't see the tv from there either. This also cleared enough floor space to put down his playmat, which means I'll use it more, which means he might start rolling over consistently. I also took out a tree we had in there since it no longer fit in our combined office. It is so much nicer in there now!!

On Saturday, after the MOPS sale, Mark and I finally got the office cleaned out. We had to combine his stuff and mine when we set up Steven's room, but it wasn't really organized. Several weeks ago we pulled everything out of the closet but didn't do anything with it. As a result, the room was a mess--you couldn't walk through it, and the bed was completely covered. Now, there are only 3 or 4 things on the bed, nothing on the floor, and the closet is organized. It looks so good!

On Sunday, I went through the little buddy's closet and pulled out clothes that don't really fit him anymore. I also pulled out the boxes that have his 6-9 month clothes and his 12 month and up clothes to see what we have and what we need. I was glad to see that we are completely set on sleepers for this summer, but we need to get him a few more summer things. I had already picked up a pair of shorts, two short overalls, and swim shorts. He had also been given some one piece outfits, a pair of shorts, and a shirt. I think we're going to need more than one shirt this summer! Now I know exactly what to look for at mom-to-mom sales, and what I definitely don't need!

I also started going through his toys and putting his older kid toys in the basement so they aren't all over in his bedroom. When Mark brings home more boxes from work for me, I'll be able to box them up by age so I don't have to resort through them all. I'm also cleaning out the tox box in the dining room that I filled a few years ago. It will be so nice to have all that done!

It was a busy weekend, but we had fun getting all this done. After the toys, my next huge project is the basement. We're having a neighborhood garage sale in June, so I'm getting things ready for that. Part of my decluttering has been letting go of things that we really don't need and never use. It will be so nice to have a simplified house!

No comments: