Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, October 26, 2007

Weekly Wrap

1. My parents' dog, Maddie, goes crazy when she sees a squirrel. I had the front door open today, and she decided to attack a squirrel (from inside the house!) and scared me so badly. Sadie and Jo jumped awfully high too. I yelled at her. She did it again 20 minutes later.

2. My family is in PA visiting Lauren. I miss them :(

3. Today is my mother-in-law's birthday--Happy Birthday, Nancy! Wednesday was my sister-in-law's birthday, so Happy Birthday, Rachel, too!

4. I am writing a children's book. I have thought about it for a long time, and then last week my brother-in-law asked me if I had written any. He is an artist (and a really really good one!), and he has to illustrate a children's book for one of his classes. So I'm writing one. He needed a draft by today, so I was working on it late last night and e-mailed it off. The books then get entered into a contest, and the winner gets published!

5. I am half way done with fall quarter! Can you believe it?? Pray that I get classes for the winter, though. Enrollment is down this year, so classes are especially tight. I had a student who had to drop out of school last week because her husband lost his job so she has to go back to work full-time to support their family of six. It was too late to get a refund. Sadly, she isn't the only one in this type of situation.

6. Mark and I went on a really fun date night tonight. We went to a movie (man, are they expensive!!) and then to the new Borders in town. We wanted to look at baby name books, but by the time we sat down with a few, they announced that the store was closing in 15 minutes. Bummer.

7. My friend is in the hospital. I am sad about that but hope that she gets better.

8. I get to spend this weekend with Mark. I am very happy about that!

No comments: