Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Hanging out with Daddy

The forecast for yesterday was 3-7 inches of snow, and I work 45 minutes away every Saturday. The bulk of the storm was while I was at work and for a few hours afterwards. I didn't want to cancel, but we were also afraid of my trying to drive home in the snow, so Mark and I decided to go up as a family and get a hotel room for the night.

I helped Mark get checked in and unloaded and then went to work. The kids were great for him, and Steven played contentedly in the room the entire time. The hardest part was to get him down for his nap since he's now used to napping with Mark in the room, but Mark got him down and he slept for a few hours.

I left work five hours later, and sure enough, the roads were pretty bad. I didn't see any snow plows, and nothing had been done while I was at work. We hung out in the hotel room for most of the evening, with each of us taking a sight-seeing trip down the halls with Steven. Once Steven finally fell asleep last night, he was good for the night. When he woke up, I just told him that it was still night-night time, and he went back to sleep. Way to go little boy! Michelle also did great in her pack n play. I even put her down awake at one point, and she went right to sleep! That's amazing.

Checking things out with Daddy.

Talking to Daddy while Mom's at work.

Just lounging around.

No comments: