Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Tooth, a Sentence. . .and a Lie??

Yesterday, Mark discovered another tooth in Steven's mouth. We've been watching for one since he's been chewing on his fingers constantly. We checked occasionally, but it's not really safe to stick your finger in his mouth. He liked to clamp down with all seven of his sharp little teeth. Mark must have been feeling brave yesterday while I was at work, and sure enough, a tooth has popped through. He now has four teeth on the top and four more on the bottom.

This morning before church, Steven was in his highchair eating his breakfast, and when I went over to hurry him along, I asked him where his spoon was. He looked right at me and said, "I don't know." I was surprised that he said a complete sentence, but I was also a bit disturbed because I'm pretty sure it was a lie :( The spoon was in his highchair wedged between his leg and the side of the chair. Interestingly enough, that's the same place his hand was. Hmmm. . .

3 comments:

Brittany said...

Don't worry, they don't logically realize they are lying until they are at least 6. They can actually convince themselves something is "true" in their heads, up to that point. He won't maliciously lie for another 5 years. ;)

Melodie said...

that made me laugh. funny boy! i can't imagine a complete sentence. we aren't even getting out distinguishable words at this point.

Molly said...

oh how I wish I could have seen that! He just sounds so stinking cute!

Love that new profile pic. Michelle is getting so big! We are SO jealous of her hair!