Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Little Buddy

Every day with Steven is an adventure, and he never ceases to amaze me. He's been doing so many new things recently (some good, some not so much) that I thought I would share them.

I never really know what I'm going to find when I go into his room to get him up in the morning. Some mornings he's just laying on his back, babbling to himself or to his lovey, stinky bear. Other days, he's standing up all excited to see me. One day this week, though, when I walked in, he was jumping on his bed. Not just bouncing. Jumping. Very enthusiastically. He was jumping his jiggles out :)

Steven is very content playing in his crib when he wakes up, and this morning, he was singing to himself (or maybe to stinky bear). His crib is on the other side of the wall as our headboard, so we can generally hear everything that's going on in there. It was so precious to hear him singing!

He's also been learning new words. Today he picked up a piece of paper and gave it to Mark and told him it was trash. He also said down for the first time, which will be nice because up until now, up has meant both up and down. He also just started saying yes. We haven't really heard "no" from his yet, but I'm sure that'll come sometime soon.

Steven is so full of life, sometimes too full. He's really developed an interest in the cat and has spent time actually playing with her on the floor. Fortunately, Josie is a very laid back cat, so she tolerates him for long stretches. Steven also loves his Baby Sis, but I really have to watch him with her. He'll start playing with her toys on her playmat but will often end up on top of her legs or dangerously close to her head. He definitely loves her, and it's a blessing to see their relationship develop!

Posing with his Bethany lamb.


"Wait, I'm not ready yet!"


"This is fun! No wonder Baby Sis likes it!"

Pretending the camera case is his purse.


Unsuccessfully trying to get the newspaper ads (which he spread all over the floor) off his sweaty feet.

"Hey Mom! Don't you love my headband!?"


Sometimes we just stare at Steven and can't believe he is actually our kid. God has blessed us beyond anything we could have ever imagined. I am extra blessed to be able to stay home with him each day and watch him grow and help guide him to become a strong man of God.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights. (James 1:17)

No comments: