The forecast said that we would get 6-11 inches of snow, with a guarantee of at least 6. So a lot of schools closed, and for the first time in the three years I've been there, my school did too. That may sound like no big deal, but if you had asked the administration if we ever close for snow, they would have said no. The philosophy is that if you can get to work, you can get to school.
So they closed this morning, as did most of the campuses in the area (one cancelled all classes before 3:00 but required staff to report). And then it stopped snowing. The area ended up with 2-4 inches, not 6-11. We got about 4.
I'm enjoying my evening off, but we have to make up tonight's class. Our three options are to go an extra 20 minutes for the remaining 6 classes, meet on St. Patrick's Day (the Monday after the quarter ends), or meet on a Saturday afternoon as long as none of our students have class at that time. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, but I'm glad that we have more than one option.
I'm sure that the school is regretting cancelling all classes and meetings today since we got so little snow, but I'm not complaining!