Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 20, 2008

Back to School

It seems like life is moving way too fast right now. Classes started two weeks ago, and I've already assigned the rough draft of their first essay. We've met twice, and as is to be expected, there were fewer people in class the second week than there were the first. I'm not complaining because that means fewer essays and research papers to grade.

The class has gotten off to an okay start, but I don't feel my heart is in it this time. I have a decent group of students (with one major exception), but there just isn't much chemistry in the classroom. I'm sure that being a Friday night class is part of that. Teaching on Friday nights also means that I don't really see any of my friends/colleagues. Maybe that is part of why I feel so off this quarter. (Yeah, I know having Steven makes a difference, but I felt this way before we got him, so I know it's not just that.)

On the bright side, though, I am one fifth of the way through the quarter :)

No comments: