Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, June 23, 2008

Updates

Well, Thursday was by far the best day of our garage sale. Fridays are generally slow, but Saturdays usually make up for it. Unfortunately, that didn't happen this time. I think that people were scared away by the weather reports for severe storms (which didn't really materialize, at least not during the hours we were open). I still made some money and was able to buy some summer clothes (since I don't really have any!), which was my goal. We also made some money through the bake sale, but not as much as I had hoped for.

There were two big highlights from the sale though. Last week, I found a super nice exersaucer at a garage sale and bought it dirt cheap ($2.40!!!). I thought my mom might like it for when she watches Steven, but she didn't really want it. I couldn't think of any friends who really needed it, so I decided to try to sell it (which was my back-up plan all along). I decided to price it high ($15), since I wasn't sure if I really wanted to sell it. I figured I would take $10 but price it at $15. Much to my amazement, I sold it for $15 on Friday! I made $12.60 on it!!

My other super deal was on Thursday. I closed up a bit early, and my mom, Katie, Steven, and I checked out the other garage sales. One house wasn't really having a sale, but they had two items out front with a sign on it directing you to ring the doorbell if interested. One of the items was a bike with a baby seat on the back. I'd been looking at baby seats, and I couldn't believe how expensive the one at toys r us was (although it did include a helmet). This one was only $12 for both, so I went to talk to the lady who happened to be outside. She said that I could have the seat for a few dollars, but then we realized how hard it would be to get the seat off. She ended up selling me both the bike and the seat for $6!

The best part, though, is that at another garage sale a few doors down, a man bought the bike off me for the same price I had paid for it! (And he knew that's what I had paid for it!) I took it home, and the next day he came over and took the seat off (Mark hadn't gotten to it the night before), paid me, and took the bike home for his 80 year old wife who wanted it. I can't tell you how excited I was!

On Friday night, we went to a bike shop and bought Steven a bike helmet, and tonight we took him for his first ride. It was quite interesting! I don't feel too confident on a bike, esp. since it had been about 6 years since I had last ridden one, so I rode around a bit without him on the back before putting him in the seat. Mark steadied the seat as I started off, and he jogged next to us as I tried it out with Steven on the back.

We all rode around the neighborhood after that, with Mark riding behind me to keep an eye on Steven, and I stopped a few times to make sure that his helmet was doing its job (it was). When we got home, I was a bit alarmed to see his head down, helmet resting on the bar on the front of the seat. Then I heard him snoring! He was out cold, snoring and drooling!! We cracked up and then put him in his bed. Mark said that Steven seemed to enjoy himself and was just looking around at everything.

Unfortunately, we didn't get any pictures or videos. We'll have to do that next time we're both home. I'm just thrilled that Steven and I have a way to get around now that I don't have a car!

God is so creative in the ways He provides. It's easy to overlook the things He does for us, but when we watch for them, it's amazing. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good!

No comments: