Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, September 28, 2007

Random Updates

1. The first week of classes went really really well. I seem to have a good group of students this quarter (so far, seems like one of my best yet!), and 23 out of 26 of my Comp. I students came back for the second class. That has to be close to a school record! And they participated! And seemed to be enjoying themselves at least a little bit!! It was pretty amazing.

2. The problem student from last quarter dropped his appeal. Yay!

3. I am having another garage sale this weekend at a friend's house.

4. Mark has to work this weekend. (See update #3!)

5. We have started putting some of the baby's stuff in the baby's room. I even hung a little alphabet quilt on the wall. Of course it will have to come down when we strip the wall paper, but I'm in no real hurry to do that since we don't know what color we'll be painting the wall. I also put some of the baby books on the bookshelf and brought up a dresser from the basement to put the baby blankets, sheets, and some of the clothes in. I hung the rest of the clothes up in the closet. The closet still needs a lot of cleaning out, but Mark took all of his baseball cards back to the basement.

5. I got some really cool things last weekend at, can you guess it, a garage sale! (And a few things at a mom to mom sale my friend Jennifer took me to.) I got a brand new boys courderoy overalls set for $0.50. It still has the tags on it! I also got some osh kosh overalls for the same place. I think that the most exciting buy, however, is a plush baby doll that I got at the mom to mom sale. It is a little African-American doll that I had seen online at Target for $10, and I got it for $0.50. It had some nasty food stuff on it, and the label said to surface clean only, but I sent it through the wash, and it looks and feels brand new. I am very excited. At another sale I got a little white doll and washed it with the other, and they are sitting together on top of the dresser.

6. "Three little monkeys jumping on the bed; one fell off and bumped his head."
"Momma called the doctor, and the doctor said. . ."
"No more monkeys jumping on the bed!"
really gets stuck in your head, especially when it is a fun toy where you throw little monkeys into a crib and set off the song. three monkeys; three parts of the song. way too much fun. but then it gets old. for some faster than others. thank goodness for the off button!

7. Mark's boss gave him a $100 gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse today as a thankyou for all the extra time he is putting in right now as his company completes a buyout of another!! I can't remember the last time we went to Outback. I honestly think it was high school or my first year of college, and it was in Wilkes-Barre since it was the closest one.

8. I can think of other things, but it is late, I have to get up early tomorrow, and this is already long enough. I will try to post some pictures soon--you're probably tired of just reading my ramblings!

Good night!

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Can one spend $100 at outback- even if you order the most expensive steak? HOW nice of his boss, however!:)

Best wishes with the garage sale, this weekend! :)