That means we need to clear it out, move his desk and computer in my study, and start stripping wallpaper. This room is the only one in our house that is completely wallpapered, and it is the only bedroom that we haven't painted. Fortunately, the wallpaper in the rest of the house came down really easy, so we are optimistic that it will be the same way with this room. The previous owners were careful to do everything correctly, so they seemed to know what type of glue to use with wallpaper (unlike in our previous house where it took me 8 hours to remove a BORDER).
We have baby bedding picked out, but it is gender specific, so we can't finish the painting until we know the gender of our baby, and even then, we might wait until the adoption is finalized before painting. However, we can prime it and get everything moved out.
I also started stripping the highchair that we bought earlier this summer. I still have to scrape everything off tomorrow because it wasn't completely dry when I last checked on it. From the little bit of scraping I did, it seemed to be working. Ideally, we want to stain it an oak color to match our dining room set, but I'm not sure if the wood is too dark already. I'll have to see how it looks after I finish sanding it.
The original look
Covering it with the stripping solution
The current look
We also spent part of tonight working on the paperwork. Mark finished the financial part of the actual application, and I transferred all our answers onto our final copy. I also typed up Mark's self study (34 essay questions!) for him to revise. I still have to type mine up. Tomorrow I need to make copies of our marriage certificate, birth certificates, social security cards, driver's licenses, 2006 tax forms, and vet records for Josie and Sadie. We are so close to being done, but it's hard to stay motivated at times. It feels like I am answering the same questions over and over again!
Check back for more updates soon!