Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Back to School

My brief summer break is almost over. Tonight is our big Fall Orientation/Dinner at school. We have a lovely dinner, and incredibly boring speaker (last year set a new low, and he was supposed to be some big name speaker!), and then usually some sort of professional development sessions followed by department meetings/contract signings. I haven't heard anything about PD sessions, but I am sure that they will want to teach us something. Can you tell that I am really not looking forward to tonight??

Classes start on Monday, and for the first time in two years, I have a Monday class. I am teaching Comp. I on Monday and Wednesday afternoons and my favorite class, Workplace Communications, on Tuesday nights. I hadn't planned on making three trips up to school a week, but those are the classes that I was able to get. It will be interesting to see how the comp. class goes. I have only taught it twice before--last fall and the fall before that, so I don't feel very confident with it yet.

I also have a grade appeal from this summer that I am dealing with. I seem to get one every quarter, but this person is being especially difficult and derogatory. Please pray for me as I meet with this student and a counselor (with whom I do not really get along) sometime next week.

Have a great day!

No comments: