Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

Playgroup Fun

Last year I joined a local playgroup that is now up to over 100 members. I was feeling incredibly lonely and was hoping to connect with other moms and babies in the area. I stumbled across the group through meetup.com and LOVE it.

We haven't made it to too many activities recently, but there was no way we were going to miss the ice cream party yesterday. It was perfect weather for going to a playground--co0l, but sunny. I took Steven to the jungle gym and went down the big slide with him. I then decided to put him on the small slide by himself, and as you can see, it was a hit!

First Time on His Own


Pure Joy


Climbing up on His Own


Trying a New Technique


Sold! Slides are the Best!


I finally dragged him away from the slide when it was time for ice cream. He didn't know what ice cream meant, but when all the other kids left, he (very, very slowly) followed them. Once he saw the ice cream, he knew what it was and immediately started asking for it.

I got him a bowl of vanilla and skipped all the toppings. I brought his new (to us) long sleeve bib, and he was ready to go. He did a pretty good job of getting it all in his mouth, and of course, as soon as he finished, he asked for more :)

I decided to try a bowl of fruit instead, and he thought it was just as good as the ice cream--he ate two bowls of it before I told him that we were all done. On the way home, he asked for more, and when Mark came home and asked him how his ice cream was, he asked for more again. I think he likes it!

Way Too Busy for Pictures



Poor Michelle, just sitting in her stroller and missing out on all the fun. I did take her to one of the "baby-stealers" toward the end, and she had fun sneaking as much grass and mulch in her mouth as she could.


All in all, it was a great day, and I can't wait for our next playdate!

1 comment:

Melodie said...

Where did you find the bib? Cute pictures!