Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Two Weeks!

I can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I last posted! We've been busy (obviously), and so much has happened. I might as well make this a bullet point post; otherwise, it'll be pages and pages long :)
  • My mom, sister, and I had a garage sale last weekend, and we did pretty well. I still have a good number of baby things left over, so I think I'll post them on Craig's List. I'm up to six strollers (seven if you count the bike trailer that converts into a jogging stroller), so I have to weed out a few. I picked two that I can part with (but one that I really, really don't want to). I think I've convinced Mark that we need to keep the other ones.
  • Steven had several firsts--first skinned knees, first falling down the stairs, first climbing out of his crib. Basically all the firsts that you would rather not have. Can you tell that he's all boy?! He wasn't phased at all when he skinned his knees--I didn't even know about it until later in the day when he showed me! He's been fine on the stairs in the past, so I don't pay too much attention to it, but he fell when he tried to take his corn popper toy down the stairs with him. We don't know how far he fell, but he was okay after a few minutes of crying. He's definitely a tough little crib.
  • Michelle has mastered moving, so we're using the baby gate again. I can't believe that she's army crawling already--Steven was much older when he started moving. This also means that Steven has to share more toys. That has been quite a challenge for him. Today he took a toy from Michelle and told her (and us) that she was "done." It's going to be a long process.
  • I've been busy making baby food and purees. I bought the cook book Deceptively Delicious, and each recipe requires purees. So far, I've made banana bread and lasagna, which Steven LOVED.
  • Michelle has started eating things other than just her oatmeal and applesauce. So far, she's liked everything--carrots, bananas, sweet potatoes, and green beans. The nice surprise is that Steven's been eating them too, and he swore off all vegetables months ago. I feed it to both of them all the time, emphasizing that Michelle is sharing her food with him :)
  • We've started doing time outs with Steven. We were/are having a problem with him getting into the cd player, dvd player, videos, etc. We've taped the cd player shut, so that has pretty much taken care of that problem, but there isn't really anything we can do about the vcr and dvd players. We really seen an improvement in his behavior since we started putting him in his crib for time out. He usually stops disobeying when he gets his warning, so we've hardly had to use it (except today!).
  • The biggest thing, though, is that my family (temporarily) moved to PA on Monday. They live where we lived when I was growing up, and Mark's family still lives there too. I was really worried about how Steven would handle it since he's so close to my family, but he's done really well so far. It's nice that both our families are together, but it isn't so nice that it's a 10 hour drive to see them :( We'll be making the trip in October, though, because my little sister is getting married!
Well, this is longer than I thought it would be. I guess that's what happens when you wait two weeks to update your blog!

2 comments:

Pam said...

I've thought of you, knowing they were moving, and pray their transition will go smoothly and you won't miss them TOO much! (is that possible??)

jg_rollins said...

LOVE the cookbook. It even gets hubbies who don't always eat veggies to eat healthier. We love the chicken nuggets!