Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, May 29, 2009

Monkeys!

Monkeys are a very, very big deal at our house right now. Actually, they've been a big deal for quite a while. One of the first animal noises Steven knew was "aah aah" (for ooo aah), and for a long time, that's what he called monkeys. When we went to the zoo in March, he wanted to see the monkeys and signed "more, more" when we started to leave the exhibit or when he heard the word said.

When we were in Ohio earlier this month, I met up with an old friend in Easton, and Steven and I wandered through Build-a-Bear while she and her daughter were at Build-a-Doll. I decided to get a monkey for Steven, and he wouldn't let go of the example one at all, so they let us buy that one. When I asked him if he wanted to take it home, he told me no very emphatically because all he focused on was the word "take," and there was no way anyone was taking his monkey away :)

I saw him caring for his monkey like I do with Michelle, and it just made my heart melt.



1 comment:

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

That is so precious!! I love it!