Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Road Trip!

Tomorrow we're heading to Iowa to see Mark's grandfather. We went out there last year for Easter, but this will be the first time he sees Michelle. It'll also be my first time out since Grandma died, which will be hard.

Mark and I are both really busy getting ready for the trip. We've decided the double stroller is a must since we're going to the zoo one day this week. That means that we have to pack everything in small bags so we can fit them in around the stroller since it takes up half the trunk :( (Good thing we are now up to five diaper bags!)We're also just taking one pack-n-play instead of two. If we can fit it in the car, we'll b e taking a travel bassinet for Michelle. Otherwise, we'll just improvise.

I've also been making some food to take out for Steven. Today I made a crockpot of broccoli cheese soup (with potatoes, cauliflower, peas, and corn). It's the only way Steven will eat a few of those vegetables--I think he doesn't recognize them since they're in the soup. I forgot to add beans, so those'll go in tomorrow. I've also been dicing peaches and will start putting mandarin oranges in his take and toss containers (I bought a restaurant size can of them!). He LOVES them.

Mark, meanwhile, is still at work (10:15 p.m.!) trying to get everything done that has to be done before he can leave tomorrow afternoon. He also went in early at 6:30 a.m., so he is going to be one tired boy when he gets home. I know we'll both be relieved when we finally get on the road!

No comments: