Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Acadia National Park

This was our third trip to ANP. The first time we went was in high school while on a missions trip to Maine, and the second was on our honeymoon.

When we went in h.s., several of us went for a quick swim at Sand Beach. It was freezing cold, but we did it anyway. I don't really remember doing it myself, but it sounds like something I would have done. Sarah, I am almost positive you did it too. This time there was a group of teenagers doing the same thing.

Sand Beach at High Tide


Otter Cliffs


This was a perfect day for a picnic, but we didn't have any time. The first picture is from Wednesday, and we didn't finish our tour (we bought a park pass and a motorists tour book--well worth the $2 for the book!), so we went back on Thursday morning before heading to Clarks Summit. On Wed. we were there at high tide, and on Thurs. we were there at low tide. It was amazing to see the difference between the two!

Otter Point


Cadillac Mountain is the highest point of land on the Atlantic coast (1,530 feet). If you are there at sunrise (yeah right!), you are one of the first in America to see the sunrise.

View from Cadillac Mountain



I still have pictures from Nova Scotia to post, but I had better stop stalling and finish up my syllabus. My first class starts tonight! I am not ready, and I am not motivated!! I told Mark that I am very willing to be a stay-at-home wife. He said no. Oh well.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did it.....but without my swimsuit....not that I was nude. I just wore my clothes and I was with my "Maine boyfriend" named Will....remember him?? :)

Sarah Kuhner said...

We had a lot of fun on the missions trip to Maine. If my memory serves me right almost all of us went swimming in the lake. Someone had shampoo and about 10 of us washed our hair in the lake. I still have pictures of that. I also remember will. Becky had such a crush on him for a few days. Those were fun times.

Megan @ SimplyThrifty said...

I enjoyed getting caught up on your blog. Looks like you had a nice time. That search at the border sounds pretty annoying. Hopefully, things will get worked out with the dual citizenship.