Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Preparing for Birthmother's Day

Birthmother's Day is only two weeks away, so Auntie E's been on my mind, and I've been trying to think of the perfect gift for her. I called her yesterday and made plans to go see her on Wednesday, just the two of us. I'm so excited to get to spend one-on-one time with her like I did when she was pregnant with Michelle. It's pretty much impossible to have a meaningful conversation with six kids around. I'm hoping to get a family tree together for the kids and to ask her when she decided on adoption.

Most importantly, I want to talk to her more about our faith and relationship with God. I bought her a Bible quite a while ago, and I've gone through and underlined most of the verses that I have underlined in my Bible. Otherwise, it'll just be a huge book to her. I want her to be able to open it and be able to flip through it and be blessed by what I've marked in it. She wasn't really open to talking about God with our social worker, but she's been more receptive about it with me. It is my prayer that Steven and Michelle will have their entire family with them there in heaven. What a blessing that would be!

I absolutely love Mark Schultz's song Everything To Me, and it definitely makes me think of how blessed Auntie E, the kids, and I are to have an open adoption.

I must have felt your tears
When they took me from your arms
I'm sure I must have heard you say goodbye
Lonely and afraid had you made a big mistake
Could an ocean even hold the tears you cried

But you had dreams for me
You wanted the best for me
And you made the only choice you could that night

(Chorus)
You gave life to me
A brand new world to see
Like playing baseball in the yard with dad at night
Mom reading Goodnight Moon
And praying in my room
So if you worry if your choice was right
You gave me up but you gave everything to me

And if I saw you on the street
Would you know that it was me
And would your eyes be blue or green like mine
Would we share a warm embrace
Would you know me in your heart
Or would you smile and let me walk on by
Knowing you had dreams for me
You wanted the best for me
And I hope that you'd be proud of who I am

(Chorus)
You gave life to me
A chance to find my dreams
And a chance to fall in love
You should have seen her shining face
On our wedding day
Oh is this the dream you had in mind
When you gave me up
You gave everything to me

And when I see you there
Watching from heaven's gates
Into your arms
I'm gonna run
And when you look into my eyes
You can see my whole life
See who I was
And who I've become

(Chorus)
Cos' you gave life to me
A brand new world to see
Like playing baseball with my son late at night
And reading Goodnight Moon
And praying in his room
I'm so grateful I have this life
When you gave me up
You gave everything to me
Everything to me

No comments: