Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Quietness

It's 12:19 a.m., and I am sitting here trying to get caught up on work. I have a ton of grading to do, but no motivation to do it. I also have a messy house to clean, but it's only going to get messy again tomorrow. Mark's in bed. The baby we're watching is asleep. The cat was asleep until the dog yawned, but they are almost asleep again.

Basically, I am by myself, and the last thing I feel like doing is work. It is easy to come up with reasons to not work. I don't want to wake Mark or the baby. I ran out of pages in my gradebook, so I can't record the grades (actually, that is a pretty big deal--I will have to go out and try to find a new gradebook tomorrow). Oh, I just remembered that I have a response to a grade appeal due (technically, due last week). It is one of those grade appeals where the grades speak for themselves, but the student filed the appeal before seeing the breakdown of her grade. I really should go take care of that.

2 comments:

Sarah Kuhner said...

I know what that kind of day feels like. Hopefully you were able to get some stuff done.

Anonymous said...

Hey-weren't you talking to me that night? What am I? Nothing to you????