Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Hair!

Now that Michelle is getting older, we are starting to do more with her hair. For the longest time, we just kept it in puffs because that's pretty much all I knew. When I was pregnant, I suffered from hyperemesis, and I could barely brush/wash my own hair without throwing up, so I didn't do much with Michelle's hair either (other than to attempt to trim her hair that ended badly).

I recently discovered the site Chocolate Hair/Vanilla Care (and the corresponding Facebook page), and we have been busy trying new things. Michelle started using a sleep cap (much to her dismay at times), and we're experimenting with different creams and oils. We've also started using beads and snaps and clippies.


One of our first styles--braids with clippies




Rope twists with beads


Rope twist yarn extensions with beads



Faux french braids





Doing Michelle's hair takes a lot of time, and since I work on Saturdays, we're starting to do it during the week. To be honest, it can be exhuasting at times, and if I'm not careful, I get frustrated with both her and her hair. Keeping her hair in puffs would be easy, and we still do them occasionally, but I know that it means the world to Michelle when we do her hair in fancy new styles. I want her to be proud of her hair and to appreciate the hair that God has given her, so we do fancy hair. And someday, if Mabelyn ever grows some hair, I'm sure I'll be putting beads and braids and twists and clippies in her hair too :)

1 comment:

Melodie said...

the styles look amazing! good job momma! and glad to see you back here posting on your blog.